The salon has changed since starting the course – Everyone is more aware that marketing is important. Got rid of weak, lazy staff who are not committed to our salon and even without them results show
The best bit for me and the area I worked I have implemented the most is creating my new website with the Jedi key rules for salon websites and I am amazed how fast the results came
PAGE 1 RANKING for the following keywords:
- afro hair salon in London (2400 local searches per month)
- Mixed Race Hair Salon (140 local searches per month)
- Mixed Race Hair Salon London (91 local searches per month)
- London hair academy (1900 local searches per month)
- mizani London (170 local searches per month)
PAGE 2 RANKING:
- Afro hair salon London (2400 local searches per month) – We were at Page 6 three weeks ago
- afro hairdressers (8100 local searches per month)
- Mixed Race Hairdressers London (36 local searches per month)
- natural afro hair salon London (58 local searches per month)
- afro hair products London (58 local searches per month)
- Brazilian blow dry afro hair (260 local searches per month)
- Kerastraight (3600 local searches per month)
*visits to website or Facebook page – Since launching our new website on 1st July 2011 there were
Gone from 297 to 452 unique victors in 4 weeks This is the highest number of unique victors we’ve had to our site since starting our business in 2007. August is promising to be even better with 136 unique visitors in the first 8 days of this month.
Setting and writing down my personal and business goals has helped me to visualise what I want, and given me more confidence in myself that I can achieve my goals. I have realised that marketing is a never ending process that must be done for the survival of my business.
I still have lots of improvements to make, but Iam more aware ofnot spending money on unnecessary things that don’t work. Now I know how to set my annual & quarterly targets and staff targets it, helps to see which stylist is doing well and who needs improvements
My marketing skills have greatly improved and I now write engaging posts on Facebook, people interact with.
Salon Jedi has made me feel I have a support network where I can voice my concerns about my business and get constructive feedback about ideas I’m planning. Feels like I’m not alone and someone is actually holding my hand through it.
To anyone thinking of joining the Elite Membership in Salon Jedi I say…Just Do it! The support you receive is priceless. But ensure you’re committed and devoted to putting time aside to implement all the strategies. Believe in yourself that you can do it and it will work.
Definitely the one to one calls have been the best thing about the Salon Jedi for me. Being able to have someone, a mentor, to talk to about your business problems or if you need someone to bounce an idea off, before you implement it has been great. It gave me the kick up the behind I needed to get going. This alone on a weekly basis (for example, where we can discuss areas of concern, then set an action plan for the week, then review it on next call and set new tasks) would have been worth the money alone.
Dionne finalized as Women’s English Hair Stylist of the year at English Hair & Beauty Awards
Dionne Condor-Farrell, Silk Trends, London